Monday, January 30, 2012

Electric Car or Electric Car Driver?

I like the idea of electric/hybrid cars, a lot, but the current models on the road really piss me off sometimes. I drive a little 4-cylinder sedan and I'm going to get on the highway this afternoon at rush hour. The car in front of me is electric, going 30 on the off ramp and is ever so slowly accelerating even though the ramp is downhill and the posted freeway speed is 55 but most people are going well over 60. Finally he starts to really accelerate as the ramp is coming to an end. The merge lane is not very long and a semi truck (that had been well behind us when we started down the ramp) has nearly caught up. I need to get up to speed and move over quickly but this car is blocking my way. The semi is giving me no ground so I honk and the car in front of me puts on just enough speed to barely edge in in front of the semi. I have to swerve onto the shoulder and hit my breaks to avoid being creamed by the massive truck.

Right now I don't know if I should blame incompetent driving or poor acceleration on electric cars.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment